Friday, October 13, 2006

NALAC Conference and Meeting Muses !!


The NALAC Conference in San Antonio was simply awesome!! A local writer gave me her ticket to attend. She said that my analytical mind would take away quite a bit from the conference and she just didn't have enough time in her schedule to attend. And why not, I was eager to be surrounded by people who have risked everything to love their work, their job, their contribution.

I was a little disappointed at how diluted the actual workshops were, but the people who attended rocked!!

The workshop on music was enlightening because it was in that moment that I felt that reoccuring theme in my life -- wishing to love something as much as they loved their work and their contribution. They were so fully engrossed and caught up in the moment and the audience felt truly transported. I admired and envied the musicians for having such a passion for their work that propelled them to get up every morning, as well as their ability to rouse the audience. I suppose the reason for going was that I wanted to be around passionate people, or people with passions! Being around so many muses and that kind of palpatable energy was really wonderful, re-energizing, and refreshing. I am not used to spending so many days socializing, or around that many people. I am not socially phobic, but it simply doesn't happen very often. Two particular muses made me smile much!! One particular muse gave great, long hugs. If I saw him today I'd hug him until he yelped -- which would not be difficult at all. :-)I feel privileged to have met them both. And the pianist kicks ass!!! You know who you are! You are playing at my wedding, don't you dare forget!! I will do the work on my end at finding the suitable mate. Arrrrghhhhh!

No comments: